Hello, friends, this will be my first post for the new year, and I wish it would make us think of ways to get better at being more responsible towards the environment. I’ve listed little steps I’ve started implementing in my everyday on my journey and I’ve already got a long ‘to do wish list’ to implement in the days ahead. Have a read, let me know what you think and feel free to share your own ideas:
- Use soap bar packed in paper instead of shower gel in a plastic bottle. Lasts longer and does the same job just as good. But no plastic waste to be recycled afterwards. It’s twice as cheap and it’s a win-win really.
- Use wooden toothbrush and wooden cotton buds which are both biodegradable.
- Wash and recycle any plastic or paper/cardboard packaging of commodities. Choose goods with less packaging or sustainable packaging instead.
- Use a reusable cloth and spray with refill so you don’t have to buy any extra bottles of cleaning liquid.
- Share a car, use public transport or walk where possible.
- Fly less often. Fly second class.
- If buying paper, choose FSC or even better – recycled paper.
- Give unwanted garments to charity shops, even if they are rag they will still resell/recycle them and benefit financially from that activity.
- Bring a flask for coffee to work and to the coffee shops to avoid the use of disposable cups that cannot be recycled.
- Bring your lunch in a box instead of buying plastic-wrapped sandwiches or salads. And you will benefit from eating healthier that way as you have control over the ingredients that go into your meal.
- Unsubscribe from print magazines – most of them nowadays have a web version.
- Always take your reusable bags when shopping. Even keep couple of them in your car to avoid forgetting them.
Thank you for reading and enjoy your Friday evening.